SAREE FASHION AND TRENDS
Saree is a treditional female garment of india and some of asia ,s countries . It consists of a drape varying from five to nine yards (4.5 metres to 8 metres) in length and two to four feet (60 cm to 1.20 m) in breadth that is typically wrapped around the waist, with one end draped over the shoulder, baring the midriff .There are many more styles of draping saree but most common among women is NIVI style which is treditional style of Indian ladies
COMMON STYLES TO DRAP SAREE
Now i will discuss some common style of wearing a saree according to your hight and physic .
This one is the most common used style of saree , especially in Northern region of India . It has been practiced for years, and it found its origination on the lands of Andhra Pradesh . Commonly known as ‘ulta pallu’, Nivi style sarees have been the easiest and admiring draping .
Here are some samples of NIVI style
- The main difference between a normal saree draping style and the Gujarati style is that while normal saree is draped in a clockwise manner with the pallu falling to your back
- The Gujarati style uses anti-clockwise direction , with the pallu falling in the front and covering the chest with pleats .
- This way , the beautiful embroidery on the pallu can be showed off well . A stylish saree with heavily embellished pallu is all you need to sport this look .
- Use a chiffon or georgette saree, for this method . Tuck the end of the saree (non- pallu end) on the right side and bring it around the waist to the back side , tuck it in fully while doing the same .
- Bring it towards the front fold the saree in a broad pleat about the size of the mid rib of the person and tuck the pleat in .
- Repeat the same step twice again . Now make pleats on the pallu and put it over the left shoulder secure it with a pin . Take the end of the pallu and bring it over the right shoulder from back to front .
INDO WESTERN SAREE
Indo Saree gowns are a westernized version of a sare e, worn as a gown . They are the recent favorite attire of Bollywood dives and its universal appeal makes it a global sensation . It comes in plethora of colours , prints and patterns for you to choose .
Dhoti style saree is very easy and quick to adorn . Make sure that you use the fabric like chiffon to clearly display the drape of this style . Plus, don’t go for printed sarees because this will blur the clear vision of dhoti like drape . You just need an attractive blouse & a pair of Lycra tights to hold the drape . All these points are very important to keep the look of the draping style uptight & next to perfection .